Milk thistle extract or silymarin is a powerful herbal remedy for liver and gallbladder health.
Milk thistle is one of the most researched herbs to protect liver health. Silymarin is the active ingredient that is normally concentrated into supplements. It can be taken as a tea, liquid tincture, or capsule.
Studies show that milk thistle helps support liver detoxification and repair from acute liver injury.
It may support a fatty liver, bile flow, and the clearance/repair following liver exposure to toxins, chemicals, drugs, and alcohol.
It also helps reduce advanced glycation end products - sticky residues from eating too much sugar that attach to cells and contribute to aging of the skin and body tissues. By protecting from sugar damage - milk thistle is regarded to promote brain and skin health too.
For lactating women, milk thistle may promote healthy milk production.
For men, milk thistle is known to promote prostate health.
Milk Thistle Supplements:
- Mycobotanicals Liver - Host Defense Mushrooms
- Super Milk Thistle - Integrative Therapeutics
- Lipotropic Complex - Integrative Therapeutics
- Liver GI Detox - Pure Encapsulations
- Silymarin - Milk Thistle Extract - Pure Encapsulations
- All Milk Thistle Supplements
- Herbal Medicine for Diabetes and Stress Relief
- The Megasporebiotic Liver Protection Study
- What are the Health Benefits of Turmeric?
- Exploring Natural Support Options for Inflammation and Seasonal Immunity